There may be many reasons behind why you are experiencing difficulty losing weight including other underlying medical conditions.
When otherwise healthy patients claim that they cannot lose weight or are still gaining weight even though they currently eat very little, eat a healthy diet, or were thin or underweight when younger, we look for certain patterns. In such patients, we would expect to see a significant history of one or more of the following:
- Very-low-fat or low-fat, high-carbohydrate diets
- Low-protein diets
- “Yo-Yo” dieting
- Chronic under eating
- Excessive cardiovascular exercise
- Traumatic or prolonged psychological stress.
Notably, six of the seven items on this list are habits people do to lose weight, but clinical experience suggests that these strategies are potentially harmful for some patients.
During our initial consultation, we will ensure that you are healthy enough to start the weight loss process. After identifying and addressing the underlying cause of your weight gain, with a comprehensive plan, we will work closely to come up with an achievable realistic plan that will help you achieve your goal.
Your weight loss plan will include the following depending on your individualized needs:
- Individualized nutrition plan with digestive support and blood glucose regulation
- Liver Detoxification (since liver is the primary fat burning organ)
- Acupuncture, herbs and supplements to help cut down cravings and enhance your body’s fat burning abilities